Friday 4 April 2014

Sparkle Medium -imagination stencil-Clarity Stamps-Spellbinders-Tattered Lace and a card

Hiya there peeps,

Been a long time eh?

Too long,feeling a little better although pending surgeries are still a worry!

Here is a card and matching box I made for an engagement for a friends brother and fiance.

Hope you like it!

 
The card was from Anna Marie Designs designs A3 size
 The Box has cream roses from Country baskets in Glasgow.
 Oriental Ivy is the name of the die I used from Tattered Lace.
The silver organza ribbon is also from Country Baskets.
                                                  
 Awwwww what a lovely box,well it took a lot of swearing and
 measuring and scoring with my Hougie Board to get
 that sweet little box done-Please and Please don't ask for the
 dimensions!
Hougie was great it was me that was cross eyed and frankly rather crazy lady on a control freak trip!
You will fit ,you will fit in this box-

 Where are those scissors at-I said you would fit!
  Nearly had a little chop chop at the card at one point but it got done.

 I scored and custom made the box to fit the unusual shape and bulk of the card.


This is the back of the card at the top of the picture and the blue band part is the bottom of this easel
 card.
                                     
This shaped card blank was from the Back 2 basics range from Craftwork Cards.
 I scored the one side in half and created an easel as simple as that!

The main event,the front of my easel card!
The couple who got engaged hasn't been given their card yet so I have blanked their names out
for this post.






















The grey background paper is a Me & My BIG Ideas one from the Mambi sheets pad, which I die cut with one of my Spellbinder dies.
Got this Me & My BIG ideas pad at a bargain of £7.99 for a full 12x12 scrapbook paper pad in
 TK MAX in the UK! None left as was just one and that was rather a few months ago now!

The blanked out names are suspended from acetate strips folded to length and attached behind the main panel. Also cut from the same die set and also the "Your Engaged" has been die cut with the same die set from Spellbinders- Labels 25.

Did I mention that the fab Alphabet stamps are from the Fabulous Barbara Gray?
Clarity Stamps - I will say that I have not been a big fan of Alphabet stamps at all.I have always found them messy and annoying to line up.
The Clarity ones are excellent and I am not kidding and the extra small handles make life so much easier too!

I used Aubergine Adirondack Ink pad for the letters that created the names and sentiment.

The oriental ivy die from Tattered Lace,I used a mixture of silver mirri card,white copy paper and white card stock.

The navy blue band along the card has embossed roses on it and was a packet of different types I picked up a long time ago,no specific manufacturer.

I love this card and for me one of the highlights and amazing elements to this card is the silver sparkle medium from Imagination Crafts as is the gorgeous flower panel stencil.

Sue and all the lovely people at Imagination Crafts are always very welcoming and super helpful at the Craft shows .

Hi Sue-wave wave hello to you !

They also have great DVD too that are a great price to buy that are so helpful with using their products!

The palette knife they sell is the best one for the job,flat and rounded edge rather than the diamond shaped one with a point that I had bought a few years back somewhere else-you live and learn that cutting corners does not always cut costs but hay ho !

A lot going on with this card and very ornate not my usual style but I love how it turned out,well saying that I don't have a usual style I go with what makes me happy andwhere the design elements and my imagination takes me!


   Challenges Entered -

Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog  - Monthly challenge is Monochromatic.

Imagination Craft Challenge Blog - Monthly Challenge is Anything Goes.

Simon Says Stamp     - Anything Goes


                                                Take care,
                                                 Hugs & Kisses
                                                 Casper
                                                   xxx



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing box and card Casper, I love all the elements you have going on here, so much too look at and I just love it, as I am sure the newly Engaged couple will...thank you for playing along with us at Imagination Crafts this month, best of luck xxx

Jo Rice said...

Wow, a great card with so many different parts to it. I bet the happy couple love it. It is great to see the fantastic Clarity Stamps included in your projects. Thanks for entering our Challenge and good luck....Jo. X

rachel said...

wonderful card - and the sparkle medium looks wonderful - thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts this month. Good luck in the draw. Hugs rachel x

Snag a button

Flutterby Wednesday

My Blog List

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sugar nellie

Sweet stampin Challenge

Photobucket

Do You Stack Up

Do You Stack Up
Challenge 54 "Pink" winner

FRIDAY MASH UP TOP 3

I won a on 22/02/12

I won a on 22/02/12
A class at My Creative Classroom

New York City

New York City

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge

BEARLY MINE DESIGN

PROMARKER

PROMARKER
STORAGE SOLUTION

HEATHER JOLLY

HEATHER JOLLY
FREE PAPERS

Bunny Zoe - Monthly Challenge

Saturated Canary - Krista Smith

Tickled Pink Stamps

Tickled Pink Stamps
Fab sentiments and Digis too

Support Artists

Support Artists

Sweet Pea Stamps

SIMPLY SASSY

SIMPLY SASSY
SUGER NELLIE STAMPS/FUNKY KITS

Vintage Challenge

Teddy Bo

Meiflower

FAIRY TALE CHALLENGE

FAIRY TALE CHALLENGE
GUEST DESIGNER FEB -MAY 2012

My Grafico

My Grafico